Jail-to-Jobs Reentry Program
Gary Fillipone, Coordinator
Telephone Number: (724) 656-1915
The Lawrence County District Attorney’s Office officially launched the Jail-to-Jobs (JTJ) Program in February of 2014 funded by a grant from the Hoyt Foundation, Lawrence County, Pennsylvania. The Jail-to-Jobs Program is the first of its kind being offered by any District Attorney’s Office in the Commonwealth and aims to assist otherwise eligible convicted felons in finding gainful employment in an effort to help them support themselves and their families as well as lowering countywide recidivism. The program has exceeded all expectations and as of August 1, 2022, more than 500 convicted felons are gainfully employed fulltime in Lawrence County earning between minimum wage and $24.50/hr.
The Jail-to-Jobs Program is restricted to convicted felons presently living in Lawrence County who complete an application through the District Attorney’s Office and do not have one or more of the following disqualifiers:
1. Convictions for any sexual act in which a child and/or minor is a victim;
2. Applicant is presently incarcerated;
3. Applicant has criminal charges pending;
4. Applicant has revocation hearings pending;
5. Applicant is defendant in pending Protection From Abuse Hearing;
6. Applicant has pending warrants of arrest;
7. Applicant has pending restitution and/or support obligations and has failed to enter into a payment agreement; and/or
8. Refusal to honor any disclosure agreements and/or comply with restrictions, conditions or prohibitions of the District Attorney’s Office.
If you are or know someone who qualifies for this program please contact our office at the number provided above.